Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Most Over the Top Cake Ever





Superbowl Sunday required a ridiculously bad for you cake. When else do you have a bunch of guys around to devour something so over the top? I had been staring at this cake recipe for weeks and knew this was one of the few occasions it would make sense for.

Twix bars, Hershey's bars, chocolate chips, fudge sauce and caramel sauce all swirled into a vanilla sour cream cake batter and baked up tall in an angel food cake pan and then drizzled with more chocolate. Ridiculous, no? This cake was very easy to make - fast and hard to mess up. The end result is very pleasing to the eye.

How did it taste? Well, Winston wagered Superbowl bets so that the winner could take the left overs home. In the end, I just let Winston take whatever he wanted. The guys seemed to really enjoy the cake. Me? I thought it was too much of the same sweet flavor. Done again, I'd use heath bars instead of Twix, drop the caramel sauce (or make my own for deeper flavor, and stick with semi-sweet chocolate.

1 comment:

  1. That cake was SO good. I think you're right about the Heath Bar idea.

    ReplyDelete