Friday, February 20, 2009

Chocolate Cookie Dough Cupcakes




Oh, the delight! Permission to eat cookie dough? Check. Dense chocolate cupcake? Check. Cookie dough flavored frosting with mini chocolate chips and a cookie on top? Check, check, check!




These are fabulous. Amazing. Wonderful! I found the idea on How to Eat a Cupcake and then searched other sites for similar recipes. In the end, I used her chocolate cake recipe, my own cookie recipe, and the frosting and look I got from another blog that I can't seem to find again.




The only trouble I had here was getting the cookie dough to stay in the middle... mine migrated to the side of each cupcake, giving a lopsided, two tone appearance. The taste, of course, was not affected. These were made for a preschool Dad's dinner, and the ooos and aahhhs floated over the classroom. When there was a plate with a few left and I asked if anyone would like another, people scrambled to grab one to take home. So much for leftovers!




Looks like I'll be getting a chance to make these one more time. Becca and Will have asked me to make these for their wedding! I love that they are bucking the traditional boring wedding cupcake in favor of something as delicious as these!

1 comment:

  1. These look so delicious!! I wish that you didn't live so far away, I know that I would be an excellent taster! Though I'm sure you have plenty of excellent tasters :)

    ReplyDelete