Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Garlic Stretch Bread


Superbowl Sunday meant I was in the kitchen most of the day prepping food for the guys... but we all know I like that! We wanted something yummy and savory but didnt' want to buy expensive pre-made stuff at the store. We had this recipe and I decided it was easy enough to pull off.


A simple dough, much like a pizza dough, gets mixed up and left to rise. A cheesy garlic mixture is put together. Then the dough is divided in half, stretched into long ovals, topped with the garlic mixture and some more cheese, and left to get puffy for an hour. As it bakes in the oven, it puffs up and the garlic cheese mixture bubbles and browns. It looked soooo good when it came out!! It could be used as a flat bread, but I cut it into sticks and served it with some marinara sauch for dipping.


The boys seemed to love this one, and I have to admit it was pretty tasty! My one complaint was that it was a bit too salty, so next time I'll omit the salt completely since there is already salt in the cheese and in the mayo that goes in the mix.


The Superbowl itself was pretty entertaining, but I'd have to say the best part was the 3D commercials! I wonder if we'll all have 3D tvs one of these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment